High fiber, high protein cake, yes cake. Breakfast, snack whatever it may be. Healthy and easy, deliciousness you will dig.
- 3 cups Whole wheat pastry flour
- 1 cups Chia
- 1/4 cups Ground flax
- 6 Very ripe bananas mashed
- 2 tsp Baking soda
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 cups Coconut flakes unsweetened, unsulphured and organic
- 1/4 cups Honey
- 1/2 cups Maple syrup
- 3/4 cups Almond milk
- 1 tbsp Vanilla extract
- 1 cups Walnuts toasted lightly then chopped, optional
- Mix the flour, flax, chia, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
- In another, larger bowl, whisk together the coconut flakes, maple syrup, honey, almond milk, mashed bananas and vanilla extract until well-mixed.
- Add the flour in three batches, stirring in the flour thoroughly after each addition. When finished, add walnuts if using.
- Pour into a bundt pan sprayed with oil (I just bought a silicone bundt pan which requires little to no oil, and the cake pops out beautifully without sticking). This is a thick batter, so smooth down the top before putting into the oven.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the cake’s center comes out clean.
- Cool thoroughly, de-mold.