Asparagus Lemon Fries
Asparagus is in season. Yippee! And it contains a slew of skin-beautifying antioxidants, including vitamin C, beta-carotene, vitamin E, and the minerals zinc, manganese and selenium. It’s a great cleaning veggie and the antioxidant capacity of Asparagus is high like healthy cruciferous vegetables, such as cabbage and cauliflower, which also work amazing with this first recipe. So while chopping, chop some up and add them in too. And make sure to continue reading to second recipe.
- 1 lb Asparagus ends trimmed
- Juice of two lemons
- 2 tbsp Olive oil extra virgin
- 1 tbsp Garlic minced
- 2-3 tbsp Parmesan
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chili flakes optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Wash Asparagus and trim ends (save for soup).
- Marinate Asparagus in mixture of lemon juice, Parmesan, olive oil, minced garlic, salt, pepper and chili flake. You can do this overnight or for 30 minutes-the longer the better!
- Lay asparagus on a tinfoil lined baking pan. Cook until slightly crispy.