Baked Beet Chips
So you already know I worship Kale Chips. Try mixing in a little beets to the mix. Seriously you will never ever crave a regular ole potato chip again. Make as many as you can slice, they are that good. Beets are an amazing antioxidant and loaded with fiber and iron.
- 3-4 Medium beets
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 325.
- Peel the beets. Use either a mandolin (this ensures chips are same thinness which is important for baking time) or a sharp knife, slice the beets as thin as you can (the thinner- the better.)
- Lay slices in a single layer on a baking tray covered with parchment paper. Brush olive oil over slices and sprinkle with salt/pepper.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes (time depends on how thin you sliced). The chips should have shrunk and should be crispy.
- Remove from oven and let sit on the tray for 10 minutes to let cool.