These lettuce cups are a tasty, healthy, easy weekday wonder. Loaded in protein and veggies, these are a family hit. Cauliflower and carrots folded into the lean organic turkey meat boost up the veggie content even the kids won’t pick out. Bonus points if you use a collard leaf instead of bib lettuce to hold your mixture. I like to serve this with a green salad and terriyaki quinoa.
- 1TBSP olive oil
- 1 Cup carrots, diced
- 1 cup cauliflower, chopped finely
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 TSP fresh ginger, shaved
- 1 Cup green onion, diced
- 1 KG lean ground organic turkey
- 1 (8 oz) water chestnuts, drained, rinsed and chopped
- I head of Bib lettuce or collard greens, leafs torn off heart. Leave whole
- 3 TBLP Hoisin sauce
- 4 TBLP low sodium soy sauce, tamari or liquid Bragg's
- 3 TBLP Miren
- 3 TBLP rice vinegar
- 2 TBLP Sesame Oil
- Cilantro, basil, pumpkin seeds—optional as garnish
- Lime wedges
Sautee onion and garlic till translucent, add carrots and cauliflower. Cook until soft. Add a little water if pan gets dry. Add turkey meet. Add chestnuts. Cook completely.
Meanwhile in a small bowl, whisk together, hoisin, rice vinegar, soy, sesame oil and miren. Drizzle over turkey mixture.
Salt and pepper up.
Add 1/4 cup of turkey to each lettuce or collard leaf.
Garnish with lime, basil, cilantro or pumpkin seeds or all.
Lets Make Healthy Your Habit
Get In the Know. Sign Up Now!