Asian Lettuce Wraps
These lettuce cups are a tasty, healthy, easy weekday wonder. Loaded in protein and veggies, these are a family hit. Cauliflower and carrots folded into the lean organic turkey meat boost up the veggie content even the kids won’t pick out. Bonus points if you use a collard leaf instead of bib lettuce to hold your mixture. I like to serve this with a green salad and terriyaki quinoa.
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- 1 cups Carrots diced
- 1 cups Cauliflower chopped finely
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 tsp Fresh ginger shaved
- 1 cups Green onion diced
- 1 KG Lean ground organic turkey
- 8 OZ Water chestnuts drained, rinsed, and chopped
- 1 head Bib lettuce or collard greens leaves torn off head, leave whole
- 3 tbsp Hoisin sauce
- 4 tbsp Low sodium soy sauce, tamari, or liquid bragg's
- 3 tbsp Mirin
- 3 tbsp Rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp Sesame oil
- Cilantro, basil, pumpkin seeds optional
- Lime wedges
- Sautee onion and garlic till translucent, add carrots and cauliflower. Cook until soft. Add a little water if pan gets dry. Add turkey meet. Add chestnuts. Cook completely.
- Meanwhile in a small bowl, whisk together, hoisin, rice vinegar, soy, sesame oil and miren. Drizzle over turkey mixture.
- Salt and pepper up.
- Add 1/4 cup of turkey to each lettuce or collard leaf.
- Garnish with lime, basil, cilantro or pumpkin seeds or all.