Asian Inspired Turkey/Quinoa Meatballs
Powered by protein and vegetables, these super easy bites are a big hit in my house either alone or with a salad. Quinoa doubles the protein while not eating as much meat. Double and freeze. Trust me.
- 1 lb Organic ground turkey
- 1/4 cups Cooked quinoa
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 2 Green onions minced
- 1/2 Medium carrot grated and chopped finely
- 1 tsp Grated ginger
- 1 tsp Dried parsley
- 1 tsp Dried cilantro
- 1 dash Chinese five spice
- Couple dashes of soy sauce low sodium
- Juice of 1-2 limes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350°.
- Combine the turkey and quinoa in a large bowl. Don’t be afraid to get your hands dirty. Food always tastes better with some added love.
- Now add green onion, carrots, herbs, ginger, lime juice and salt and pepper. Stir everything together with you hands until you can easily roll them into little balls. Roll out your turkey mixture into whatever size meatballs you like (I made mine almost bite size) for easy protein snacks.
- Turkey quinoa meatballs ready to be baked.
- Place your meatballs on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake them for 10 – 20 minutes, depending on the size, until they are no longer pink in the middle.