My kids are crazy about this, especially now since my 9-year old finally eats apple. (I know you are thinking what kid doesn’t like that mainstay? But I tell this more to inspire you. Never stop offering healthy foods.They will eat it eventually. This is living proof.) This is an easy and eye-pleasing after school snack or breakfast. It’s has the perfect protein and healthy carb ratio to keep active kids satiated and their blood sugars even until the next meal or snack.
- 1 Medium apple fuji and granny work the best
- 3 tbsp Raw smooth almond butter
- 3 tbsp Granola
- Dark chocolate chips, banana, dried fruit optional
- Slice the apple into half-inch rounds. Remove the apple’s core.
- Spread a tablespoon of nut butter onto an apple round, top with a tablespoon of granola, and sandwich together with the second apple round.
- Fun options: Sprinkle with cinnamon; garnish with dark chocolate chips for a surprise; add dried fruits, smear some banana on top of almond butter.