Almond Quinoa Bake
I am in love with this quinoa breakfast. It is a cinch to make and seriously yum. So yum, my lil girls—who aren’t nearly as obsessed with quinoa as I am–eat their entire portion. How good does that make this momma feel that they are starting their day loaded with health. Love it.
- 1 1/4 cups Quinoa uncooked and rinsed
- 1 cups Water
- 1 1/2 cups Coconut milk full fat is best
- 1 Banana mashed
- 2 tbsp Maple syrup to taste
- 1/4 cups Currents, cranberries, or chopped dates
- 1/4 tsp Sea salt
- 3 tbsp Hemp seeds
- 1 tbsp Chia seeds
- 3 tbsp Flax meal
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 1/4 cups Almond slivers or slices
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Mix all ingredients except almonds together in a baking dish, making sure that there is at least 1 1/2 inches of extra rim on the sides of the dish. The quinoa will plump up as it cooks.
- Bake the quinoa for 45 minutes, or until all liquid has absorbed (it may take up to an hour).
- Sprinkle the almonds on top and bake for another 10 minutes, or until they are golden.
- Allow mixture to cool. Cut into 4-6 slices and serve, topped with a drizzle of coconut milk and garnish with extra dried fruit.