Sweet potato and almond butter give this soup a creamy, decadent texture and the greens give it an antioxidant punch. This interesting combo is such a crowd pleaser, serve with salad and dinner is served. Cook once eat three times. Double and Freeze!
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 yellow onion, diced
- 1 minced garlic clove
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and diced (2 cups)
- 8 ounces boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch pieces; optional
- 1/2 cup smooth almond butter, (organic please)
- 1 cup collard leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup kale, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
Combine the stock, onion, garlic, and sweet potato in a stockpot and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and add the chicken, then cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
In a small bowl, whisk together the almond butter and 1/2 cup of the soup mixture into a thick paste. Add the collard leaves and ginger to the soup and bring to a boil, then reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 5 minutes. Stir in the almond butter paste. Season with salt and pepper.
Ladle the soup into bowls, and squeeze with lime wedge.
Lets Make Healthy Your Habit
Get In the Know. Sign Up Now!