Almond Soup Loaded With Greens
Sweet potato and almond butter give this soup a creamy, decadent texture and the greens give it an antioxidant punch. This interesting combo is such a crowd pleaser, serve with salad and dinner is served. This soup is easily veganized. Cook once eat three times. Double and Freeze!
- 2 cups Chicken stock or vegetable broth
- 1/2 Yellow onion diced
- 1 clove Garlic minced
- 2 cups Large sweet potato peeled and diced
- 8 OZ Chicken breast boneless and skinless (or tofu)
- 1/2 cup Smooth almond butter organic
- 1 cups Kale chopped
- 2 tbsp Fresh ginger minced
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Lime cut into wedges
- Combine the stock, onion, garlic, and sweet potato in a stockpot and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and add the chicken, if not using chicken, skip this step. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the almond butter and 1/2 cup of the soup mixture into a thick paste.
- Add ginger to the soup and bring to a boil, then add tofu and reduce the heat and simmer, covered, for 5 minutes. Stir in the almond butter paste. Season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle the soup into bowls, and squeeze with lime wedge.