Almond Brazilian Nut Vanilla Mylk
I am obsessed, my husband is obsessed and my 3 little girls are obsessed with this divine combination of vanilla, dates, almonds and Brazilian nuts. High in protein, selenium and calcium this dairy-free nut mylk has become a morning staple atop cereals and oatmeals, a sweet treat after school and a warm cozy cup before bedtime. No added or refined sugars, no mucus forming dairy, no antibiotics or crazy growth hormones. Just pure goodness. A tiny bit of prep is so worth it here.
- 1/2 cups Raw organic almonds soaked overnight and rinsed
- 1/2 cups Raw organic Brazilian nuts soaked overnight and rinsed
- 3 cups Purified water
- 2 tbsp Vanilla extract
- 3-4 Dates soaked overnight and pitted
- A couple dashes of cinnamon
- Soak dates, almond and Brazilian nuts overnight in water.
- Rinse. Add them to high powder blender with 3 cups fresh water and blend for 3-5 minutes until milky and smooth.
- Have another pitcher in sink to catch mylk. Slowly pour through nut bag/cheese cloth squeezing out the liquid. Do this until all has been strained. Pour strained mylk back in blended container. Add salt, cinnamon and vanilla. Blend another minute.
- Pour into glass containers and store in fridge. Use within the next 3 days. Bet you’ll be making another batch within a day!
- You can freeze remaining nut meal/flour and use it for gluten-free cookies. BUT NOT SCHOOL FRIENDLY.