Easy Pasta Tangy Greens
I love this easy spring dish. Nothing brings out the freshness of seasonal asparagus and peas than lemon and garlic. Loaded with greens and medicinal garlic, this velvety dish is the perfect dinner. Easy to make gluten free as well, using brown rice pasta.
- 6-8 stalks Asparagus trimmed
- 1 cups Favourite leafy greens
- 1 tbsp Coconut oil
- 3 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 tbsp Tahini
- 1 Juice of a lemon about two tbsp
- 1 pinch Coarse sea salt
- 2 cups Organic chicken broth mixed with water to fill the pot
- 6 OZ Pasta of your choice
- 2 tbsp Parsley minced
- 1 cups Peas
- Salt, pepper, and crushed red chili flakes to taste
Whisk tahini, garlic, lemon juice and salt until smooth.
Toss the asparagus, peas and kale in the mixture until nice and coated.
Add coconut oil to pan and saute garlic until soft.
Add Veggies to pan and saute. The asparagus should still have some crispness to it.
Cut the asparagus into 2-inch pieces.
Bring the broth/water to a boil. Boil the pasta until it is al dente. Toss the cooked pasta with the asparagus, parsley, kale and peas.