This is an easy pasta dish for busy weekday nights. Loaded in Omega 3’s and high on the antioxidant factor, this dish is bursting with flavour and Italian punch minus the heaviness of gluten.
- 2-3 tbsp Anchovy paste
- 3 cloves Garlic peeled and minced
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 cups Water
- 1 tbsp Tomato paste
- 1 Onion peeled and cut into thin crescents
- 1/2 head Cauliflower florets
- 6-7 Black olives pitted and sliced thin
- 1 tbsp Capers
- 15 OZ Glass jar of diced tomatoes no canned tomatoes!
- 2 tbsp Fresh basil minced
- 1 tsp Oregano
- 1 tsp Thyme
- Sea salt
- Quinoa or rice pasta
- Parmesan grated, optional
Saute anchovy paste, garlic and onion in olive oil for 2-3 minutes.
Combine tomato paste and water and add to the pan. Toss in cauliflower florets, capers, basil, tomatoes, oregano, thyme, olives, and a pinch of sea salt.
Cover and cook on a medium heat until cauliflower is soft (7-10 minutes).
Pour sauce and vegetables over cooked pasta. Garnish with grated cheese if you wish.