I just made this last night with pretty much anything I had in the fridge. You can’t really go wrong with quinoa and curry, but OMG, this is just so one of the best. It is the meatiness of the kidney beans and the tang of the curry that makes this the perfect healthy dish.
- 1-2 Tbs. coconut oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 cup peas
- 2 cups kidney beans
- 1 cup chopped kale
- 2 cups broccoli or cauliflower, cut into little pieces
- 1 ½ tsp. Celtic sea salt (adjust to personal taste)
- 1-2 Tbs. curry
- ½ tsp. turmeric
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- 1 cup dry quinoa
1. In a saucepan place 2 cups of water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and add the quinoa to the hot water, and simmer until the water is absorbed and the grains become translucent soft (about 10-15 minutes). Pour through a strainer and set to the side in a bowl.
2. Heat the coconut oil in a skillet pan. Add the diced onions and garlic, and lightly sauté for a few minutes, adding the Celtic sea salt, curry, turmeric, and black pepper.
3. Add the other vegetables and lightly sauté for 5-6 minutes, until they become softened (but not overcooked).
4. Add the beans and the cooked quinoa and stir everything together. Adjust flavoring as needed to how you love it! Some like it hotter than others! Squeeze lime over it before serving.