Thanxgiving Quinoa Salad
Gluten free and packed with antioxidants, protein, fibre, minerals, healthy fats, leafy greens and flavour, this is pretty much the main meal for me! I would definitely call this a one-pot wonder. It has become a staple on my holiday table and I have watched it crowd out the other—do I dare say—Thanksgiving culprits. It’s even better the next day!
- 3 cups Quinoa
- 1 Large sweet potato cubed
- 2 cups Arugula slightly chopped
- 1/2 cups Pumpkin seeds
- 1/4 cups Cranberries dried
- 3 cups Brussels sprouts shaved
- 1 clove Garlic
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 cups Cilantro
- 1/2 cups Mix of olive oil and avocado oil
- PREHEAT oven to 375. COOK quinoa.
- MIX cubed sweet potatoes with olive oil, cumin and salt and pepper.
- ROAST for 45 minutes or until brown flipping halfway. Meanwhile, SHAVE brussels sprouts.
- TOSS in same bowl used for sweet potatoes.
- ADD TSP olive oil, salt, pepper. MIX.
- TRANSFER to pan and SAUTEE for 8 minutes until starting to brown.
- ADD cooked quinoa to a large mixing bowl.
- ADD cooked sweet potatoes and brussels sprouts.
- ADD dried cranberries and pumpkin seeds.
- In small bowl, WHISK together oils, apple cider vinegar, maple syrup and garlic.
- POUR lightly over quinoa salad and MIX.
- ADD salt, pepper and herbs. FOLD in arugula.