This super easy to make chili is loaded in fibre, antioxidants and super hearty. Serve with side salad and dinner is a hit. Kidney, chick pea, azuki and black beans all work here. And if you just need the meat, you can add organice turkey.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 pound ground turkey, (organic please if not doing vegan thing)
- 4-5 tablespoons taco seasoning mix (make sure no MSG)
- Dashes of Cayenne Pepper, as much as you can handle
- 1 (14.5 oz) glass jar of diced tomatoes (no more tomatoes from cans)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 (15 oz) can of kidney beans, rinsed
- 1 (15 oz) can pinto beans, rinsed
- 1 (4 oz) can diced green chiles
- 1 to 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 Teaspoons ground flax seeds (just for an extra dash of health)
- salt to taste
- 2 Spoonfuls of Plain Greek Yogurt, optional
- Cut up scallions, optional
- Cut of Cilantro, optional
Add olive oil to Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic. Cook until soft. If using turkey, add and cook until no longer pink, breaking into crumbles as it cooks. Sprinkle on taco seasoning mix and cayenne and stir to coat turkey thoroughly; cook for 1 minute. Add tomato paste and stir; then add diced tomatoes, beans, green chiles, and 1 cup of chicken broth. Stir. Add more chicken broth, if needed, to reach desired consistency (thick or brothy–your choice). Heat through and simmer for 15 minutes. Add flax and salt and to taste.
Want it spicier? Add crushed red pepper flakes.
Garnish with chopped onions, non-fat Greek plain yogurt, chopped cilantro