- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup of oats (rolled or instant)
- 1/4 cup ground chia seeds (can use flax meal)
- 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- pinch of ground cloves
- 1 and 1/2 cup skim milk
- 6 tablespoons canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup applesauce
- 1 egg
- Oil for cooking (for a sweet hint of coconut use coconut oil: Healthy and delicious)
1. In a large bowl whisk together all the dry ingredients.
2. In a separate bowl, stir together milk, pumpkin puree, applesauce and egg.
3. Fold wet mixture into dry ingredients.
4. Oil a skillet over medium heat; pour in 1/4 cup batter for each pancake. Cook pancakes about 3 minutes per side; serve with toasted pecans and maple yogurt.