Mushrooms are medicinal. They are healing and a super immunity booster. We need more of them in our diet. The greens in this recipe serve as a vessel for a very flavorful shiitake filling. Use collards or even cabbage to boost the phytonutrient intake as wraps.
- Firm tofu, diced in small cubes
- Salt and pepper
- Red pepper flakes, to taste soy sauce to taste
- 3 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons chopped ginger
- 2 1/2 cups shiitake mushrooms
- chopped bean sprouts
- carrot cut into fine strips
- Large lettuce, cabbage collards leaves
- 1/2 lemon
Stir fry chopped garlic, ginger and carrot with some water in wok for a few minutes until soft.
Add the shiitakes, soy sauce, salt, pepper and red pepper flakes.
Cook about another 5-10 minutes, then add the chopped tofu and finish up the cooking, about 2-5 minutes. Spoon the mixture into the lettuce/cabbage leaves, add a few drops of lemon juice, and roll them up!