This creamy soup is hearty and ever so healthy. Loaded with protein and antioxidants, it is a sure way to warm up and get rid of those winter woes.
- 1 can of cannelini beans (Edens Brand uses BPA free cans)
- 3 cups water
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp. sea salt 2 tbsp. olive oil 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 4-5 kale leaves, chopped
- 4 cups water, vegetable or chicken stock
- 1/4 tsp. dried rosemary1 tsp. dried thyme
- Sea salt and black pepper (to taste)
Discard soaking water from beans and cook with 3 cups fresh water. Bring to a boil and skim off any foam that rises. Add bay leaves, cover and lower heat to simmer for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Add 1 tsp. sea salt and continue cooking 30 minutes. In a separate pot, saute onion and garlic in olive oil for 2-3 minutes. Add kale and cook until wilted. Add 4 cups chicken stock, rosemary, and thyme. Add the cooked beans (puree 1/2 the cooked beans in a food processor before adding to the soup pot to achieve a creamy soup consistency). Bring all ingredients to a boil, then lower heat to medium and cook 10-12 minutes. Season with sea salt and black pepper to taste. Garnish with Herbed whole wheat Garlic Toast.