This is the ultimate fat burner, metabolism booster, energy kickstart, skin supplement and libido enhancer. Plus, I love the flavour of this creamy blue sipper. Loaded in antioxidants, protein, Omega 3s, good fats, this smoothie also get your greens in and is a killer way to start your day. No sugar, no caffeine, no dairy!
- 2 cups frozen or fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup dried, shredded coconut (unsweetened, and sulfite free please)
- 1 TSP Coconut Oil, organic, unrefined
- 1TBLS Maca powder*
- 1 cup almond milk or hemp seed milk or mix of both
- 1.5 cups coconut water or plain water
- 2 pitted dates (soaked over night is better)*
- 2 TBLS chia seed
- 1 TBLS hemp seed
- 1 handful spinach or any other greens
- 1-2 dashes of cinnamon
Blend all ingredients together in a high speed blender. Enjoy
*NOTE on soaked dates: Pre-soaking dates over night makes them easier to blend bringing the full sweetness out of these healthy jewels. I keep soaked dates in my fridge all week so I have them when I am in a pinch and need some sweetness to add to my smoothies.
*NOTE: Ancient Peruvian superfood, MACA Powder can have expresso like effects. Start with a small dose. But this root has been used by Peruvian women for 1000’s of years to boost the libido, help with fertility and cure PMS. I love the stuff!!