Fiber rich, gut healthy lentils serve up some serious plant based delish in this beauty of a warming soup. Eating for good health has never been so easy nor satisfying. I like to make this on a Sunday night and eat all week.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic (diced)
- 1 onion (diced)
- 2 carrots (diced)
- 2 stalks of celery (diced)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (halved0
- 2 cups brown, green or black lentils (rinsed)
- 5 cups bone broth
- 3 tbsp cumin
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 cup tomatoes (diced)
- 2 tsp salt (pink is my favourite)
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup spinach or arugula or other delicate lettuce
- 1 tbsp cilantro (chopped)
- Sautee onions and garlic in olive oil until translucent. Salt and pepper liberally.
- Add carrots and celery and cook 5 minutes. Add cherry tomatoes. Stir occasionally.
- Add rinsed lentils. Mix.
- Add bone or veggie broth. (I think bone broth really adds a very deep and decadent flavour here.
- Cover and simmer for 35 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, cumin, coriander powder.
- Cover and simmer another 15 minutes.
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Ladle into bowl and garnish with green leafies and pumpkin seeds.
Looking for more nourishing plant-based soups? Check out these recipes below or click here.
Creamy Plant-based Soups:
Light and Healthy Soups: