This meatless medicinal healing soup is easy, yummy and a nutritional powerhouse loaded in calcium, beta carotene and other antioxidants you need to keep you thriving in cold weather.
- 4 cups water
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 3 carrots, diced
- 4 cups chopped kale or collard greens
- 2 cups cooked cannellini beans
- 1/4 cup mirin
- Splash of tamari
- Splash of apple cider vinegar
- 4–5 dashes toasted sesame oil
In large pot over medium heat, sauté onion, garlic and ginger in oil 3 minutes. Add carrots and sauté 3 minutes. Add kale or collard greens, beans and mirin and sauté until greens are deep green. Add 4 cups of water into pot, tamari and vinegar and simmer 5–7 minutes. Season to taste with toasted sesame oil and black pepper and serve. Serve with salad and whole wheat baguette. Dinner is served.