5 Minute Apple Crumble
My husband worships crumble. It’s the farm boy in him. Me, not so much, as I’m not a fan of all those unhealthy fats. So I recently perfected this easy, super healthy version that even my husband loved. Score! Get creative and use with your favorite, or seasonal fruits.
- 2 Apples
- 4 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 tbsp Maple syrup or 3 soaked dates
- 3/4 cups Walnuts almonds, cashews, or macadamia nuts work as well
- 1 tbsp Chia seeds
- Process nuts, chia, 1 tablespoon of the sweetener (syrup or dates) and 2 teaspoons of the cinnamon until the nuts are roughly chopped and the mixture has combined, then set aside.
- Thinly slice the apples and either cut into strips or leave them round (I did a mixture of both). In a frypan heat coconut oil then toss in the apple slices with the rest of the cinnamon and sweetener. Stir around for about 4 minutes until the apple is golden.
- Serve warm apples in bowl and then add crumble mixture right on top. Serve right away.